Email: peter.bardazzi[at]gmail.com - Website: www.bardazzi.com - blog: http://peterbardazzi.blogspot.com/
- Yale University M.F.A. Master’s Degree in Fine Art, New Haven Conn
- Silicon Studios Master’s Degree in Digital Production for Entertainment, Hollywood CA
- Pratt Institute B.F.A. Bachelor’s Degree in Studio Art/Painting/Philosophy, Brooklyn NY
Exhibitions - Projects - Lectures
- Bushwick Open Studios - 2014 Bushwick Brooklyn
- AiB Benefit 2014, Storefront Ten Eyck Gallery, Bushwick NYC 2014
- New Design Exibition, The Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC. 2014
- "Holy BOS", Paintings, preformance, and installations at the Bobby Redd Project Space. Bushwick Brooklyn New York. June2012
- Handmade Holiday Cards from 20th-Century Artists by Mary Savig. 2012 Published by Smithsonian Books
- Skylight Gallery NYC. “Four Solos” Exhibition" June 2012
- SkyLight Gallery Group Show. Under 30 Inches. New York NY, 2012
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa, Japan. ART-ZINE, group show,Aug-Sept 2011
- Winter Wonderland: Group Exhibition, Smithsonian Institute of American Art, Washington DC 2011
- Zeitgeist, Art-O-Mat Gallery, group show - paintings, Long Island City New York. 2009
- The Library of Congress, American Folk Life Center, "Satan's Children" audio documentary. 2008
- War Stories. Producer "Sargent Frank Desiderio - Satans Children" Thirteen, WNET. 2007
- Collection of a Lifetime - group exhibition, Neuberger Museum of Art, Purchase NY, 2006
- Siggraph 2006 Boston. Speaker at conference panel “Art School or Trade School”.
- Scents:Locks:Kisses, Olfactory, Limbburg Belgium, 2005
- E! True Hollywood Story; Richard Gere Special. Special guest producer/appearance. E-Entertainment Network. 2003.
- Projects in Hell. Documentary film. Director, producer. 2002.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art. Digital Printmaking Now. Group show. 2001.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art, Hollywood Goes Digital. Screening and lecture. 2001.
- Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th. Executive producer. Lions Gate Films. International distribution. 2000.
- New York Hall of Science. Bagels & Blockbusters. Videos and lecture. 1999
- Three Immersive Environments. Multimedia drama environments. New York University.
- USA -TV Network, Jennifer’s in Jail. Visual effects supervisor. Premiered 1992.
- Open Atelier, Digital Prints. Rotterdam Netherlands, 1991
- International Image Exchange group show. La Villette Museum and Center for Science and Industry, Paris France and Tokyo, Japan, 1991
- Ekstrom & Ekstrom Gallery NYC, New York. Paintings and drawings. 1990
- Reina Sofia Art Center, Madrid, Spain. Animation Video Theatre. Animation and drawing group show. 1988
- Map Art. Map Collages. Wellen Belgium. 1981
- The Chase Manhattan Bank Art Collection, 1981 Acquisitions Show
- Artists for New York Benefit and Tudor laser show, 1979
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show 1978
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show 1976
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show 1974
- Weatherspoon Art Gallery, University of North
Carolina, "Art on Paper" 1973
- Leo Castelli Gallery. Drawings. Group show New York. 1972.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Painting and Sculpture Today 1972
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y 1972
- Whitney Museum of American Art Biannual. Whitney Museum of American Art, 1972
- Whitney Museum of American Art. Human Concern – Personal Torment. 1969.
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y.1971
- Alpha Gallery, Boston. 1968
- New Talent, New Britain Museum of Art 1968
Interviews and Reviews
- The L Magazine. "Featured Artist: Peter Bardazzi" by Whitney Kimball. Nov. 2012
- Brooklyn Street Art. WHAT’S NEW IN BUSHWICK: A QUICK STREET ART SURVEY. June 2012. Huffington Post 2012
- Art Fag City. Report from Holy BOS:by Whitney Kimball. June 2012.
- The ARTGYPSY Tales. by Sabrina Y. Smith 2012
- About.com "Q and A with Artist Peter Bardazzi on How to Establish Your Artist Career" by Susan Kendzulak. 2012
- FOX News TV, Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre and Broadcasting (MOFTB) proposed rules for issuing permits to filmmakers on public property. Interviewed by reporter Linda Schmidt. August 1, 2007
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, Success of Mexican Directors has Deep Roots. James Hebert, February 2007
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, Eyes on the Prize. James Hebert, December 2006
- The New York Times, Burying Private Ryan by David Halbfinger, October 2006
- Game Developers Magazine - Gamasutra.com News, Art School or Trade School. 2006
- CBS-TV News. Terrorism and Internet Images. Interview. Aug. 2004
- NBC-TV Today Show. The Passion of the Christ. Interview. March 2004
- Washington Post. Terror Spreads to the Web Interview. October 2004
- USA TODAY. The Village a new film by Shyamalan. Interview, July 2004.
- Associated Press, Master of horror George Romero raising the dead again. Interview. July 2004
- Dallas Morning News, The Day Reality TV was Born. Interview. June 2004
- Fox News Channel, The Manchurian Candidate. Interview. May 2004
- United Press International, Online Propaganda Warfare. Interview. May 2004
- Investor’s Business Daily, Darkness! Camera! Action! The films of Akira Kurosawa. Interview. April 2004.
- Associated Press, Mel Gibson and the Passion of the Christ. Interview March 2004
- Los Angeles Times, Count on Johnny Depp to Deliver Eccentricity. Interview, Aug. 2003
- WOR-TV News. Michael Jackson and the Media. Interview. November 2003
- FOX-TV News, WTVT-TV, WFLX-TV. Marvel Comics: Princess Diana becomes Comic Book Character. July 2003.
- CBS-TV. Charlie’s Angels. Interview. June 2003
- CBS-TV. Hollywood Movies and Teenage Culture? Interviewed by Dan Rather. June 2003
- CNN TV Business Report. Video Games. October 2002
- CNN-TV Animation and The Oscars - Shrek and “Monsters Inc. Interview. March 2002.
- BBC-TV Animated Features at Academy Awards. March 2002
- Los Angeles Times. In Supporting Roles. March 2003
- Chronicle of Higher Education. Peter Bardazzi - Descent Into Darkness. April 2001
- New York Times. When a Film Needs a Good Buzz. Interview November 2000
- New York Magazine. Field of Dreams: Goes Digital. August 1999
- New York Times, reviews of Peter Bardazzi at Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery and the Whitney Museum of American Art. 1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1978
- Art Forum, Art News, Arts Magazine reviews of Peter Bardazzi’s work 1971- 1979
- Stars on the Joe E Brown Comedy Show, one TV episode 1957
Conferences – Lectures
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 Hong Kong, Art Committee Juror
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 Hong Kong, Art Committee Juror
- Siggraph 2006 Boston. Speaker at conference panel “Art School or Trade School”.
- DYI Convention, New York. Lectured on independent digital film making today. 2003
- Independent Film Project, New York. Screened videos and lectured on Visual Effects: The Desktop Way. 2002
- Art-Science-Robots, Lectured at the symposium on new media, New York University 1993
- International Electronic Theatre, Los Angeles, CA – Transmitted real time local site (New York) art to a live audience to the International Computer Graphics Conference. 1992
- International Symposium on Animation, Urbino, Italy. Chaired panel and lectured on computer science and art.
- Painting in the Age of Revolution, Lecture/presentation and one-person show. St. Mary’s College 1975
- Digital Masters Award for Digital Production in Entertainment from Silicon Studios/Silicon Graphics 1996
- Associate Professorship in Digital Arts, New York University. 1996
- Artist in Residence/Guest Speaker, St. Mary's College of Maryland, 1975. Lecture "The Artist and Society"
- American Academy of Arts & Letters Award, for painting. 1973
- Childe Hassam Fund Purchase. 1973
- Full Scholarship to Yale University MFA Program. 1968 – 1970
- Grant from The Federal Work Study Program to teach at Yale University’s Undergraduate School of Art.
- Interactive Product Design and Interactive Production, Computer Graphics Dept. Fashion Institute of Technology, New York. 2006-present and Lighting for the Still and Moving Image Photography Dept.
- Director of New Media Development. New York University. 2004 to 2006.
- Director and Co-founder of The Center for Advanced Digital Applications. New York University. 1996 -2004. Wrote the complete curriculum and designed the studio facility.
- Director and Founder: Master’s Degree Program in Digital Imaging and Design. New York University 2000- 2005. Wrote the complete curriculum for the program.
- The Art Institute of Boston MFA mentor program. 2006 to present
- Designed the in-house training curriculum and taught seminars for George Lucas’s Industrial Light & Magic. 1998
- Master Teacher: Silicon Studios LA, An experimental education center for entertainment supported by Steven Spielberg, George Lucas Digital, Sony, and Silicon Graphics, 1995-1996
- Professor of Digital Arts. New York University, 1996 to 2006. Teaching 3D Computer Animation, Digital Design, Special Effects, Digital Film, History of Visual Effects, Literacy of the Moving Image, Experimental Video etc.
- Adjunct Professor, Computer Graphics, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York. 1987- 1998
- Adjunct Professor, Digital Animation, and Visual Effects Effects, Animation Dept., NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Film & TV 1987-1996
- Curriculum Development, Tisch School of the Arts, Graduate Film and TV. Developed digital media courses for the Film Department in partnership with the Computer Science Dept. 1987-1995
- 2D Digital Animation Instructor, Pratt Institute Manhattan, New York 1986-1995
- Assistant Instructor, Drawing, Yale University Undergraduate School of Art, 1969
- Senior Painting Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn New York, 1970 - 1972
Museum of Modern Art, NY
Neuberger Museum, Purchase, NY
JP Morgan Chase Art Collection
Corcoran Gallery, Washington DC
Amstar Corporation, NY
Addison Gallery of American Art, Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts
De Warande Dienst Tentoonstellingen, Belgium
Yale University Library Visual Resource Center
Armand Deutsch, Beverly Hills, CA
Artco International, Geneva, Switzerland
Ekstrom & Ekstrom, Gallery, NY
Crocker National Bank, Estate
Smithsonian Museum of American Art, Washington DC
Elder Art Gallery, Wesleyan University
French & Company, London
Henry Markus, Chicago, IL
Jan von Haeften, Hamburg, Germany
Kutztown State College, PA
Rockefeller University, NY
Roy Neuberger, NY
Sandra Payson Collection, NY
Leo Castelli Collection
Ken Remo, LA
Singer Corporation, NY
Weatherspoon Art Museum, U.N.C
Francoise Marquet, Paris, France
Richard Daniel, Roxbury CT
The Dillard Collection